The Historical Novel Society’s North American conference will be held June 20-22, 2019, at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in Oxon Hill, Maryland, located on the Potomac River just minutes from Washington, DC.
HNS has negotiated a very special rate of $169/night (+$22 daily resort fee + taxes) for guest rooms. This is an extraordinarily low rate for a world-class property like the Gaylord. For those interested in cutting costs further by room-sharing at the Gaylord with another conference attendee, please reach out on our Facebook message board.
To learn more about the hotel’s amenities, see this blog post from Venue Chair Christine Trent. Or, watch a video showcasing the hotel. If you are interested in shipping items to the hotel, see this Gaylord Shipping & Receiving info sheet about the FedEx center there.
- As you go through the room reservation process, on the “Guest Information” page is a box marked “Bed Type/Additional Requests.” Please indicate in the Bed Type/Additional Requests box whether you wish a King or Two Queens (in addition to any other special requests you may have). If you do not specify what room type you want, you will be assigned according to the hotel’s room inventory at check-in and cannot be guaranteed your room-type preference at that time.
- Also, please note that Atrium View rooms, overlooking the Gaylord’s 18-story glass atrium, are available for an additional $40/night.
2/1/19 Update: Important Information Regarding Hotel Availability
Registration is booming and rooms in our Gaylord room block are booking quickly. If you are planning to come early prior to the conference or to stay late, rooms on these outer dates are very limited and may be sold out.
For your convenience, here is a list of hotels close to the Gaylord that may have availability for those outer dates. The HNS conference does not have a specific room block at any of these hotels, so rates will be at whatever an individual property’s best rate is.
- Hampton Inn & Suites – Directly across from the Gaylord
- Residence Inn by Marriott – Directly across from the Gaylord
- The Westin Washington National Harbor – Two blocks from the Gaylord
- AC Hotel by Marriott – Three blocks from the Gaylord
- MGM National Harbor – 1.2 miles away
- Harborside Hotel – 2.1 miles away