What is Cold Reads?
- Real-time critique sessions of authors’ opening pages offered by literary agents Cate Hart and Jill Marr.
- A volunteer cold-reads the first page aloud for the audience and panel.
- Panelists provide feedback on what works and what doesn’t work for them and why.
When will Cold Reads Happen at A Taste of HNSNA?
- The Cold Reads session will be held on July 23rd from 1-2 pm Central Time.
How do I Submit?
- Please prepare the first page of your manuscript for the reader and panelists.
- Remove all identifying information. Manuscripts must be anonymous.
- Your page should be printed double-spaced with no fancy fonts. Times New Roman or Courier will do, in a legible 12-point font size.
- Include the title at the top of the page.
- Leave 1-inch margins.
- Submit your manuscript page through Submittable from July 12 to 17.
Please note that submissions will be chosen at random. We will accommodate as many submissions as time allows; this is a VERY popular offering!
The Submittable link will be emailed to all registrants on July 12 or included in your confirmation email if you registered after July 12.